Thursday, July 23, 2015

London Tea Room

The Tardis' next outing was to a very nice tea room here in St. Louis run by a charming woman who hails from England.  This tea room has a wonderful reputation, but up until now, I haven't been able to visit.    They have recently changed their location and they are now in a wonderful old turn of the century brick building.

The London Tea Room has a cafe in the front with over 92 estate and special blend teas.  I have to admit I did get a bit greedy and took home four Darjeelings and their special blend, Naughty Vicar.  (Don't you just love that name?)



The ladies who owns the tearoom was tickled pink to me our Traveling Teapot and delighted with the idea of Sexy being a Tardis.  I believe there were several Whovians among the staff.


It was wonderful to be in an establishment that actual knew how to brew tea.  The water was heated to just the right temperature and the grounds were decanted after being timed for the perfect cup.
I enjoyed a pot of Margaret's Hope Darjeeling and my daughter had a Mango/Pear White tea.

The food was marvelous,  We each had a current scone that was baked in their kitchen to a beautiful shade of gold.  They were served with clotted cream and raspberry jelly.


The savory course was a very appetizing chicken waldorf salad with a hint of curry on a tiny croissant, a simple cucumber with goat cheese on pullman bread, and a smoked salmon on wheat that I declined as I don't care for fish.  My daughter informed me that it was quite tasty.


The desert course was HEAVENLY.  We began with a lemon tart topped with fresh berries that was made in house.  The remainder of the sweet course was baked at a patisserie a block down the street.
(I shall definitely be making more than one visit to see them.)  We had a tiramisu that was so light and creamy that I savored every tiny crumb  and I don't care for anything coffee flavored.  We also had a chocolate cake topped with berry mousse and finally two macrons one flavored with green tea and the other with the house blend of Naughty Vicar tea.  The Naughty vicar has a berry blend with a hint of vanilla in a black tea.


Over all Sexy had a wonderful time at the London Tearoom and has said she might pop back in at any time for another visit.




7 comments:

  1. So happy that "Sexy" could enjoy a nice afternoon tea room experience and that you and your daughter got to enjoy all the delicious bites and sips.
    The scones looked beautiful....so tall and golden. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like an extra special adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now this is a very special tearoom visit for Sexy. I am so happy she had the opportunity to visit this tearoom with you. Sexy will be sad to leave, but I just know there are more wonderful adventures in store.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I lived closer. This sounds like a tea room I would love! Thanks so much for the wonderful pictures.
    Sips and Smiles,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I lived closer. This sounds like a tea room I would love! Thanks so much for the wonderful pictures.
    Sips and Smiles,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your photos are fabulous, I felt like I was in attendance at the tea. What a nice tea room and sounds like the staff was great too!

    ReplyDelete