Monday, August 31, 2015

TEAM DARJEELING: Irma and tea in the airport



I had a bit on time to spend looking around the airport in Lima waiting for my plane.  I got a kick out of the Coca Leaf cookies and chewing gum.  











Stopped by a coffee shop that also sold tea...Lipton tea bags.  Pass.  So I moved on to the next shop, which had a little cafe in back of the book store.  I was happy to find Tea Forte sachets in several choices of types of teas and flavors.  After sitting down with a book and tea, I heard a lady order a cup of tea.  I believe she may be a bit of a tea snob as well, based on some comments she made- something about "ugghh..people" with a groan (I think she was not so pleased with the Lipton tea bags offered next door, then a limited selection here).  I wanted to introduce myself and Irma to her, but after I simply asked the time to open the conversation, didn't feel she would appreciate the intrusion so I just snapped a photo of Irma and she happened to be in the background.






A couple of gift shops in the airport had displays with tea and teaware (smile)





Tea is a univeral drink that brings people together- Bruce Richardson

4 comments:

  1. I always look for tea in airports, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, tea does bring us together. Sorry the lady in blue wasn't approachable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun place to stop for tea.
    Rochelle, ATAA

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sneaky little tea pot. Loved the displays.
    Sips and Smiles

    ReplyDelete