Thursday, January 7, 2016

Governor Croswell Tea Room in Adrian Michigan

The teapot and I took another jaunt yesterday across the border into Michigan.  I don't often go to Governor Croswell Tea Room.  Some area tea rooms have closed and other monthly benefit teas are on winter hiatus.  I decided to join some friends for their monthly tea visit to the Governor.
Governor Croswell Tea Room in Downtown Adrian
Interior of the tea room
Two tables occupy the front window
I love sitting here and watching the traffic go by.
The other table was occupied on the day we visited.
I selected the "High" tea
There were several gentlemen having lunch when we visited.
The menu offers a variety of substantial lunches.
Tea options
Choices for Afternoon Tea
Teacups were nestled among the Christmas decor
Mix and Match China
Our tiered server - Quiche Lorianne and Spinach & Feta Squares on the top two tiers
Tea sandwiches on the bottom tier.  I selected beef and egg salad.
Chocolate Cherry Scone with Lemon Curd and Devonshire Cream
Mini Pecan Tart and Chocolate Mousse
Happy Birthday from the Governor was sang by "Kyle from the Kitchen" and his helper.
Kyle had a wonderful voice.  Three ladies were celebrating birthdays, so we enjoyed his version of Happy Birthday several times.
Does anyone read tea leaves?
I have never done a tea leaf reading, but I think it would be fun.
One tea friend always says to scoop up the bubbles on our tea.  According to her, it means we will come into money.
Our tea group
The English Tea Garden is another ten miles north, in Tecumseh, Michigan.  I ventured on for a bit of tea themed shopping.
The Tardis loved seeing himself in red.  I still wouldn't fit inside either one, but there were many English items in this phone booth.
This tea room has an extensive gift shop in the front.  They carry quite a few English food items.  When my children were younger, Curly Wurlys from here were mandatory when I went for tea.  This trip, they had to settle for a couple Lion bars instead.
This is the cafe area of the tea room
English Exhibit
And I always stop at this resale shop in Tecumseh.  I picked up a Johnson Brothers Christmas teacup trio, which was on sale for half off.
We had an enjoyable day on our second tea trip to Michigan.

Sips and Smiles,
Teresa and the Teapot

4 comments:

  1. What a lucky little teapot to join you on all of your travels.
    Rochelle, ATAA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my that was one of the coolest adventures I have seen here! I thought your meal was a lovely Afternoon Tea. What nice places. It must be difficult though in smaller towns. Population base is so necessary. That was a lovely tea room.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This lucky Tardis has had some wonderful adventures with you over tea. Loved seeing places that you love going.

    ReplyDelete